Bequests Gifts of publicly traded securities
– To our Endowment Charitable remainder trusts
– Directed gifts Gifts of residual interests
– Gifts to our General Research Fund Gifts of real estate
Legal Name: The Terry Fox Foundation
Charitable Number: 10809 9979 RR0001
Address: 150-8960 University High Street, Burnaby, BC V5A 4Y6
Sample bequest language
1. Gift of a Sum of Money
“To pay to The Terry Foundation, the sum of $ _.”
2. Gift of a Particular Asset – such as real estate, stocks, bonds, or art.
“To transfer to the Terry Fox Foundation [description of property].”
3. Gift of a Portion of the Estate
“To divide the residue of my estate into equal shares, and to pay or transfer [#] of such equal shares to The Terry Fox Foundation.”
4. Gift of All of the Estate (or remainder after specific bequests)
“To pay or transfer the residue of my estate to the TFF.” •
Any questions please contact Heather Scott at 604-239-8579 or email@example.com
Terry Fox Research Institute (the research arm of The Terry Fox Foundation)
– These programs bring together leading researchers with complementary skills, to investigate different aspects of a given area of cancer research. By bringing individual research projects together under one Program Project Grant, results can be realized more rapidly and more efficiently.
– A major focus of the Terry Fox Research Institute is translational research. Translation is often defined as research which moves discoveries made in the clinic to the laboratory and on to the bedside. This area of research holds great promise today for providing improved care and outcomes for cancer patients everywhere. •
– New Investigators
The New Investigators program provides research operating grant support to future leaders as they develop their independent careers in cancer research.
The success of any nation is often reflected in the achievements of its future generation. Promising new cancer researchers and scientists in Canada are critical to ensure continued leadership and advancement in cancer research and for our health care system to be better able to meet population needs. Funding future cancer researchers and scientists is important to the Terry Fox Research Institute.
What is a Legacy Gift?
– The process of making a significant charitable gift during a donor’s life or at death that is part of his or her financial or estate plan
Do I need a minimum amount?
– In keeping with the guiding principles of The Terry Fox Foundation, there is no minimum amount required for a Planned Gift. If you wish to create an endowment fund, there is a minimum contribution of $50,000
What do I need?
– Our legal name and charitable number
– While it has become easier to change your own will, we suggest contacting an advisor to discuss your Planned Giving options. If you do not have an advisor, please call our National Office at 1-877-363-2467 and we can provide recommendations.
Am I required to tell the Terry Fox Foundation?
– You don’t have to advise us that you’ve left a gift to the Terry Fox Foundation in your will but we would love to be able to thank you personally! Please contact Judith Fox at 604-239-8576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I expect as part of Terry’s Legacy of Hope Circle?
– Personal correspondence, phone call, or visit
– Lapel Pin
– Listing in Annual Report
– Invitations to special events such as meetings of run organizers, major donor events with researchers
– Subscription to newsletters