Job Title: Community & Schools Coordinator
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Reports to: Provincial Director MB/SK
There is no other Not-for-Profit organization in Canada that consistently rates as high as the Terry Fox Foundation in the hearts and minds of Canadians. With over 10 000 runs/events in 32 countries each year, the legacy and story of Terry Fox offers unprecedented opportunities to tell the story of this Canadian icon and promote the significant impact of The Terry Fox Foundation in cancer research
This is a part time 4-day a week position.
Community and Schools Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and stewarding schools to participate in The Terry Fox Foundation Manitoba School Program as well as various communities, and businesses throughout the province for the Terry Fox Run. This position is suitable for someone who is an engaging presenter and communicator; somebody who is highly motivated and results oriented; a person who can work independently while understanding the team’s vision; a natural relationship builder who strives to truly make an impact on others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recruitment and registration of schools, keeps information updated.
- Recruitment and stewardship new volunteer organizers in communities, schools, businesses and other niche opportunities.
- Retain and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including Run Organizers, Service Clubs, participants and volunteers.
- Develop opportunities to promote the Terry Fox Run.
- Under the guidance of the Provincial Director, represent The Terry Fox Foundation and speak to groups as required.
- Recruit, train and schedule speakers, including cancer survivors and cancer researchers to attend special events throughout the Province.
- Travel within region as needed.
- In coordination with the Provincial Director, steward donors and identify opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma. Background in Education considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Terry Fox and The Terry Fox Foundation’s Mission and legacy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presence necessary to interact with participants, donors, and sponsors as well as to inspire, motivate and support volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years volunteer management experience.
- Resourceful and independent, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a team-oriented environment
- A team player that values an environment of open communication and collaboration
- Demonstrated success in fundraising
- Experience in not-for-profit special events, and program/ project management
- Proven ability as a creative problem solver with solid organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in public and media relations considered an asset.
- Comfortable working in a small office, with an ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- A flexible schedule which allows for after-hours events and meetings as needed.
- Ability to travel within Manitoba to conduct meetings with schools, i.e. a valid Manitoba Driver’s License. Must have access to a vehicle.
- A strong knowledge of Manitoba.