Pick your own date!!
"I want to set an example that will never be forgotten.” Terry Fox, 1980
Terry’s message - that every person can make a difference - resonated with eyewitnesses to his transformative journey and with millions of supporters who continue to support his legacy. Each year, Terry Fox supporters seek new ways to make their mark on the fight against cancer. A great way to make your mark this year is to participate in The Great Canadian Hair "Do".
We Will Help You "Do" Your Thing
We are here to help you with your Great Canadian Hair "Do" every step of the way. We will supply you with the pledge sheets, postcards, posters, even t-shirts and toques for participants (quantities limited). We will provide you with guidance on how to promote your event, and how to raise funds online.
Brave A Shave
Don't split hairs over this one - save on shampoo and join the fun! Shave participants can choose to lose their locks, beard or mustache for pledges. For those of you with eight inches of untreated hair, consider having your long tresses made into wigs/hairpieces for those who have lost their hair to illness.
For participants willing to take their shave south of the neckline - how about collecting pledges to smooth that chest, or wax those legs? As an added bonus, it'll be cooler in the summer without all that extra hair
True Patriot Love
Terry Fox is one of Canada's greatest heroes. If you want to hold a summer event, consider holding your event around Canada Day! Show off your patriotic style! Consider having a maple leaf shaved or dyed on the back or side of your head. Or why not just dye it all red for Canada Day festivities? It’s a great, visual way to say "I am proud to be a Canadian!"
- Register your Hair "Do" by calling your regional office at 1-888-836-9786.
- Download a step-by-step guide on how to organize your event.
- Set a date that works for you and your intended participants.
- Secure a location for your shave – consider salons, malls or parks (keep in mind electrical requirements). Your workplace or favourite club may be willing to host this event - why not ask?
- Recruit stylists to make each Terry Fox "Do" event the best, and safest, it can be.
- Promote, promote, promote to get the word out and attract brave participants.
- Tell everyone to come back next year - for a "Do" over!
- Take pictures and videos, send them to us and post them on your social networks.
- For more information contact your regional office at 1-888-836-9786.