What sets us apart
SINGLE MISSION: TO FUND INNOVATIVE CANCER RESEARCH
Independent─not associated with the Canadian Cancer Society or any other cancer fundraising National organization
33 fulltime staff in 10 offices
Over 9,000 Terry Fox Runs each year─all volunteer-led and organized
No entry fee, No minimum pledge, Non-competitive
84 CENTS* OF EVERY DOLLAR RAISED GOES TO CANCER RESEARCH
To date, The Terry Fox Foundation has raised over $700 million for cancer research worldwide. * based on most recent 3-year average
CANCER RESEARCH INVESTMENT 2014 BY THE NUMBERS:
The Terry Fox Foundation is one of the largest non-governmental funders of cancer research in the country, funding many different types of cancers; current multi-year studies include lung, ovarian, colorectal, pancreatic, oral, liver, oncolytic viruses and many more.
1,212 - the number of cancer research projects funded to date by The Foundation.
In 2014/15, TFF will invest an estimated $26.5 million in three key areas of cancer research.
Discovery research - fundamental science, cure-oriented biomedical: $15.2 million
Translational research - moving discoveries from the laboratory to the clinic more quickly to impact patients; “lab bench to bedside” approach: $10.2 million
- Training future leaders in cancer research: $1.1 million
- The TFRI funds cancer research projects across the cancer spectrum based on excellence and impact
- Projects must have measurable outcomes, are internally reviewed, milestone driven
- Projects must predict significant impact on cancer health of Canadians
- Projects are actively managed, with those deemed unproductive terminated