Fundraising Tips - Organizers
We know that you are a very special teacher if, among the huge “To Do” list for everyday classroom and student duties, you have willingly accepted the role of Terry Fox Event Organizer for your school. Thank you so much!
The continued success of The Terry Fox Foundation’s National School Run Day demonstrates that students continue to be inspired and motivated by Terry’s story. You and your fellow staff members translate that inspiration into action by empowering your students to make a difference. Their participation is a gift not only to cancer patients and their families, but also to our community at large as your students learn the values of empathy, compassion and service to others.
We know this is a big task – motivating hundreds of students to raise funds for cancer research. And we want to help you make that task a little easier! Please read on for some tips about making your event fun and successful!
- Pledging Your Support
- Challenge to the Staff: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
- Challenge to the Students: Make Your Fundraising Count!
- Learn From Your Colleagues
- More Ideas that would Encourage Student Fundraising
- Raise Awareness and Interest in Your Event
- Need to Try Something New This Year?
- And Don’t Forget Your Parents!